Thursday, February 8, 2007

Who I am

Hey everyone! First I think it is great that Desiree started this blog so we all can share our most deepest thoughts about the 'real' world. Wow, very dramatic sounding. Anyway, what I wanted to say is that I really do not know everyone and ya'll don't know me for the most part. I think it would be a great opportunity to say a little bit about each of ourselves. I'm dieing of curiosity.

So on to me. As ya'll have guessed my name is Heather and I am from the deep south (Georgia). I am in my last semester of grad school and I'm praying I can make it out with my sanity in tack. I'm close but sometimes my mental stability is questionable. Books are my passion but I have to admit that I read the trashy kind. Love romance, plus anything with a sci-fi slant is awesome as well. The classics are great but I haven't read a lot of them lately. When I read I want to be able to escape into another world. Other aspects of my life. I have recently discovered poker. It is so much fun--and hard. Don't worry, I don't play for money, just points. I love tv and movies. Once again love the romances but the sci-fi and fantasy are favorites. I also love the different CSIs.

Well, that is it for me. And that only scratches the top. Tell us about you! I can't wait to hear all the deep dark secrets out there.

3 comments:

Desirée said...

I didn't realize that romance movies were not your favorite. Have you seen the movies "Before Sunrise" or "Before Sunset"? I just rewatched both movies in the last week and they illustrate what it's like to fall in love! Thought you might enjoy. Thanks for sharing who you are:)

Heather said...

I saw Before Sunrise, it was good. But yes if I have a choice I of any type of movie it would more than like be a action/sci-fi/fantasy. Go figure. But of course all the great movies have a little bit of romance.

Brandon said...

Ooh, sci-fi/fantasy, my faves! Speaking of that genre and TV, Heather (who I think I've met at least once or just recall hearing Desiree mention you often), are you a Joss Whedon fan? I love Buffy and Firefly/Serenity and am about halfway through Angel right now. I'm planning an Angel marathon this weekend since I have the first weekend with downtime in a long time.

And do you watch "Battlestar Galactica?" Oh, and did you ever read "Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom" or "Eastern Standard Tribe?" Both are by Corey Doctorow and are great modern sci-fi reads. Down and Out is one of my favorite books ever.