Sunday, March 11, 2007

Good news!

For the past month and a half (or maybe more), I have been going through a grueling, anxiety inducing process of interviewing and competing for practicum placements. This will be the site where I will see my first clients and do all of my pre-degree MFT training. I interviewed at five sites. I had three top choices, two of which were pretty competitive. This week was notification week and Thursday was Decision Day. I received offers from my top three choices! I selected Santa Anita Family Services which was my top choice and the most competitive site. They take eight students from my school and just about every other school in LA county. Everyone in my cohort (about 50) applied there. I was lucky to get an interview and even luckier to get an offer. Or maybe I'm just that good. Either way I'm super excited about this. I accepted a placement that will begin on June 6. The clinic has sites in three cities. I'm unsure which one I'll be at yet, but it would be nice to be at the main site since it is three blocks from my apartment but that is unlikely. Anyway, I just wanted to share this news. It's such a relief to have this over with. Now I'm only one final away from spring break, and then I'm off to Georgia for two weeks. Only three more months until I will finally see my first client!

1 comment:

Desirée said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I appreciate your attempt at expressing humility;) Hey, when you're good, you're good, I suppose. Keep me updated on where you'll be this summer.